St Margaret's Church is firmly rooted in the Anglo-Catholic tradition of the Church of England; it is a traditional parish church, which is still very much at the centre of life in Swinton.
St Margaret's is a member of the Hickleton Chapter - a group of traditional catholic churches within the Diocese of Sheffield, it is also a member of the Society of St Wilfrid and St Hilda (The Society).
Everyone who visits St Margaret's is guaranteed a warm welcome; whether that is to a service, one of our many events or one of the concerts held in the church.
There has been a church in Swinton since around 1200 AD; the first place of worship was a Norman chapel of ease to Wath church, on the site of the present church hall. The church has been situated on the hill since the beginning of the nineteenth century, although there was a major fire in 1897, which destroyed everything except the tower. More details on the history of the church can be found here.